Wednesday, February 13, 2008

my dearest friend, i weep for thee

oh taco del mar, i hardly knew ye. your tasty burritos, so filling and fresh, are no more. your crazy fish tacos, which i never tried and now never will. your cheery decor, so bright and standardized, is now strewn across west broadway. your friendly staff, only slightly disgruntled, but mostly clean, are jobless, hopeless. i cry for you, taco del mar. the tear i shed for you, though solitary in number, is birthed with all my anger and confusion. it slides down my cheek and splashes on my shirt as your low calorie salsa and freshly made guacamole must have smattered the outside of the holiday inn. an artery of red; a byway of green; a corn-sect of yellow. a moment of silence for you, my fallen tortillian comrades, may you finally have the peace you could never find in your short, steam filled existence.

No comments: